Use the Filters section to create search criteria based on tags and object types (such as applications, days, and matters) you select from drop lists. The Filter section enables you to search for criteria that are not text based, but selected from a set of options.
You could search for PDF files in the Filters section with the following
Search Field...: Choose Extension.
Select... : Choose Equals.
Select Choices: Choose pdf.
To filter search criteria
- On the Search Builder, in the Filters section, click + Add Filter.
- In the Select Field... drop list, select the tag or object type to search.
- Select the Operator for the search criteria.
- In the Select Choices drop list, select the data associated with the selected metadata you want searched.
- To create additional text searching in the search criteria, repeat the steps above.