Fields & Tags
Use the Fields page to manage the Coding section of the Document Viewer and:
- Add new coding fields.
- Edit existing coding fields.
- Delete coding fields.
To open the Coding Fields page
- Click Review > Review Management > Fields & Tags.
To add a coding field
- In the Fields menu bar, click Add.
- In the Add New Field section, enter the Name of the coding field.
- Select the Privacy of the coding field to determine the users who will see the coding field in their Coding pane.
- Public: All users.
- Firm: A predefined group of users.
- User: Only the user who created the coding field.
Note: Attributes can be added to coding fields with the following Custom Field Formats:
Note: If selected, (required) appears to the right of the name on the Coding section of the Document Viewer.
To edit a coding field
- In Fields section, locate the field to edit, click its Action icon and select Edit.
- Make the desired updates in the Edit Field section and click Save.
Note: Certain options, such as Privacy and Custom Field Format, cannot be edited after a field has been created. If these fields need to be updated, do the following:
- Create a new coding field.
- Transfer the content of the coding field with the Privacy or Custom Field Format you want to update.
- Update the Privacy or Custom Field Format.
- Save the new coding field.
- Delete the initial coding field.
To delete a coding field
- In Fields section, locate the field to delete, click its Action icon and select Delete.
- In the Delete coding field? dialog box, click Proceed.
To set the object level security for a coding field
- In Fields section, locate the field you want to work with, click its Action icon and select Object Security.
- Complete the Object Security dialog box.