Users are individuals who have access to the Nebula environment. You create Users and assign them to a Firm, which are directly associated with Matters and User Groups.
On the Users Page, users can be:
You can also view the user groups a user is assigned to.
To open the Users page
- Click the Admin icon > Users.
- In the Users menu bar, click .
- In the Add User section, enter the following:
- Click Save.
|First Name||The user's first name.|
|Last Name||The user's last name.|
|Username||The user's identification.|
|Firm||The company or organization the user will be assigned.|
|The users email address in this format:
|Password||The string of characters used to access Nebula.|
|(Generate Password)||Click to automatically create a password for this user.|
|Confirm||Confirmation of the password.|
|Force Password Change||Select to require user to change password on next login (This can be used when first providing credentials so user must change from the original password.)|
|Password Expiration||The amount of time a password is valid before a change of password is required (Days, Hours, Minutes, or Seconds).|
|Auth||The type of two factor authentication to use.|
|IP Restriction||The allowable IP addresses that a user’s computer must be originating from when logging in to Nebula.|
To add a list of users
- In the Users menu bar, click .
- In the Add User list section, select the Firm you want the users assigned.
- In Add List, do one of the following:
- Enter the list of user directly. (User fields are comma delimited with the following columns: First Name, Last Name, Email, Username, Password.)
- Paste user data from a spread sheet.
- Click Choose File, browse to the File name, and click Open.
- Download as CSV: Download a CSV report of the users in the Add User List section.
- Download as Tab: Download a tab delimited text document of the users in the Add User List section.
- Add Users: Add the users and view them on the Users page.
To view a user's assigned user groups
- In the Users list, select the user you want to work with.
- In the User Groups - [selected user] list, view the user's assigned user groups.
- Double-click a user group to view details about the User Group, including Assignments and Users. (Requires User Group Edit permission).
- In the Users list, select the user you want to edit, click its Action icon and select Edit.
- In the Edit User section, edit the existing user information and click Save.
- In the Users list, select the user with the password to change, click its Action icon and select Change Password.
- On the Change Password list, do one of the following:
- To manually create a password, enter a new Password, then Confirm it.
- To automatically create a password, click the Generate Password icon .
- In the Users list, locate the user you want to lock, click its Action icon and select Lock.
- On the Lock User window, click Ok.
Note: When a user is locked, a lock icon appears next to it in the Users list.
- In the Users list, locate the user you want to unlock, click its Action icon and select Unlock.
- On the Unlock User window, click Ok.
- In the Users list, locate the user you want to delete, click its Action icon and select Delete.
- In the Users section, select the user you want to delete.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the command bar and select Delete.
- Below the Users section, click Delete.