Deduplicating documents reduces the number of documents requiring review. You can remove duplicate documents in a document set ("deduplicate") using the Document List.
As you select duplicate documents to be removed, Post Deduplication displays the resulting document total.
To deduplicate documents
- On the Cull Document List, load the document set you want to deduplicate.
- Select the Matter with the documents you want to deduplicate.
- Select the Deduplication Type:
- None: No duplicate files are removed.
- Global: All duplicate files found in the entire data set are removed regardless of custodian. Global deduplication is also referred to as "across custodian" or "horizontal deduplication".
- Custodian: Only duplicate files that were found within each custodian's data set are removed. Custodian deduplication is also referred to as "within custodian" or "vertical deduplication".